This orientation is for all Ministry Leaders who started coordinating a Youth, Campus, or Young Adult Ministry in the past year.
The orientation serves four purposes:
- Gathers this year’s new cohort of Ministry Leaders in the Diocese of Dallas to form a communal network for collaboration, prayer, and support.
- Introduces new Ministry Leaders to the OYYACM staff so they know the primary services offered by the diocesan team and who to reach out to for additional support.
- Orients new Ministry Leaders to the three pillars for being a missionary leader and creates an awareness of gaps where further professional development can take place.
- Provides an opportunity to experience firsthand how a community of ministry leaders is one of the most valuable resources available for gaining knowledge, support, encouragement, and prayer.
Ministry Leader Standards Formation Tool
At the October 10 – NMLO Orientation – all participants will be introduced to the Ministry Leader Standards Formation Assessment Tool. These standards articulate areas of formation that are comprehensive in nature to set you on a trajectory for professional success!
Participation in this process will:
- Provide participants with a baseline expectation of quality for the ministry leaders in the Diocese of Dallas
- Define areas of continuous formation for ministry leaders
- Provide an assessment tool and process for ministry leaders to direct their formation
After your participation in this personal inventory, Jason Deuterman (Director of the Office of Youth, Young Adult, and Campus Ministries) will schedule time to meet with each one of you to discuss your assessment further. If you are unable to attend the October 10 Orientation and would like to participate in the Ministry Leader Standards Formation Process, please Anne E. Keough.
While individual invitations have gone out to those who are new ministry leaders, please contact Anne E. Keough if you are new to your position and you have not received this invitation!
As noted, this Orientation will take place prior to the start of the University of Dallas Ministry Conference (UDMC). If you are not yet registered, you can find registration information here. Note: Early Registration ends on or before 9/24/19