The Office of Youth, Young Adult, and Campus Ministries is excited to announce the launch of our revamped website: www.catholicdallas.org. We have created a more robust website to give ministry leaders the information they need, while also giving our age demographic constituents direction to finding ministries. It is also built for future expansion and development.
Web Revamp Highlights:
- 4 Age-Group Sections (Middle School, High School, College-Age, and Young Adult): Gives our age-group constituents (or their parents) guidance when looking for ministries.
- Contact Us/About Provides info about our office, and includes our staff listing and information on who to contact for various needs.
- Community Calendars (sub-divided by audience):
- Community Calendar – A comprehensive calendar of all user submitted events for youth, young adults, and ministry leaders.
- Age Specific Calendars – Sub-calendars of the community calendar, specific to age groups.
- Ministry Leader Calendar – A calendar of events that nurture the formation and needs of ministry leaders.
- OYYACM Calendar – A list of all OYYACM created and sponsored events.
- News & Info in the Ministry Leader Portal: A central place for ministry leader news, information, resources, and events.
- Our Services – A list of all the current programs and services provided by the OYYACM.
- Announcements & News – News and announcements coming from the OYYACM, including the arrival of new ministry leaders in the Diocese.
- New Ministry Leader ID Form – A convenient place for new ministry leaders to identify themselves and start getting eGrams.
- Forms & Waivers – A central location for forms frequently used in Youth Ministry.
- Ministry Related Policies – A central location of diocesan policies that are most commonly related to Youth and Young Adult Ministries.
- Information & Resource Blog – This section will be the new location where the OYYACM will post the best practices and current standards in ministry. This section and the Handbook on Risk Management & Safety when Working with Middle & High School Youth is replacing the former Handbook on Youth Ministry. The resource blog focuses on best practices and will be built up over the coming years, and can easily be updated as needed. The former handbook can be found in the resource blog for reference.
- Handbook on Risk Management & Safety when Working with Middle & High School Youth – This handbook contains only the risk-management and safety articles that was found in the former Handbook on Youth Ministry. The best practices of youth ministry methodology were removed and will later be reviewed, revised, and added to the Information & Resource Blog. There is nothing new added to this handbook. We do update the handbook periodically, and will note changes as they occur.