The Office of Youth, Young Adult, and Campus Ministries for the Diocese of Dallas participates in the mission of the Catholic Church by advocating for and supporting Catholic youth and young adult ministry on the national, diocesan, and local level. As a diocesan office we:
- advocate for the role and needs of young people in the Church and in society and promote the role of the Church and the Gospel in the lives of young people.
- promote a comprehensive approach to youth ministry as articulated in Renewing the Vision.
- provide leadership, resources, and services for the education and formation of diocesan leaders, youth ministers, and young people.
- support parish youth ministers within our Diocese.
dialogue and collaborate with our Bishops and other Diocesan offices for the promotion of youth ministry and the professional development of church leaders.
In response to the Gospel, and in pursuit of our mission and vision, we act in accord with these values:
- the dignity and giftedness of each person
- the baptismal call of each person to discipleship and ministry
- the gifts and charisms of young people
- the richness of diversity
- the challenge of justice and peace
- the wisdom of shared leadership
- To serve adult leaders of youth ministry by providing vision, leadership, professional standards, and educational, spiritual, and ministry formation.
- To be an advocate for youth in the Catholic Church and in society, ensuring that the voice of young people is heard and that the gifts of young people are valued.
- To promote and encourage ministry to youth within all cultures, settings, and environments within the Catholic Church.
- To ensure that the structures, programs, and services of youth ministry within the Diocese of Dallas reflect the multicultural and diverse church.
- To exercise responsible stewardship of human and material resources.
- To collaborate with the organizational structures of the Catholic Church and with other ministry and youth-serving organizations that affect the field of youth ministry.