Returning Event Contributors:
Posting for the First Time?
Community Calendar Event Guidelines:
- No Advertising of Fundraisers or Galas (Exception: When the event is a volunteer service opportunity at the fundraiser)
- Event posting must be complete for viewers to feel like they have a full understanding of the promoted event (or redirection to a link that has complete details). Include full description and details, including who, what, when, where, why, registration process/costs, etc.
- The Community Calendar is used to organize the cross-promotion of events in OYYACM newsletters. Events on the Community Calendar are promoted the month of the posted date and one month prior to the posted date. Therefore, when posting events with advanced registration, it is advised to post the open registration date or registration deadline date, not the event itself. Your description can include the actual event date details and redirect to the events official website. (Example of what to Post: Event Title: Fall Young Adult Retreat Registration Opens Today)
- We do not list weekly gathered series on this community calendar. If your event is a weekly gathered event, you can promote the kick-off event, seasonal registration deadline, or opening registration date to the series. (Ex: Continuing Ministry Course Registration Opening Date)
- The OYYACM retains the right to not promote events.
For Youth, College Campus, & Young Adult Ministry Leaders:
- Events must be relevant to the formation, training, community building, or spirituality of a Catholic ministry leader.
- For programs/courses with weekly gatherings, only the start date, new participant welcome event, or registration date should be listed (not each gathering date).
College-Age & Young Adults:
- Event must be relevant to the Catholic formation, community building, and spirituality
- Event must not be the core program (weekly gathering, small groups, etc) to your ministry/organization. Rather, it should be a “special” openly public event. (Seasonal or series kick-off might be acceptable.)
- Event must be designed with the intention of being welcoming and open to the wider community beyond the “members” of your ministry/organization.
- Event is to be specifically designed for young adults out of high school up to age 35.
- Event be hosted by an organizer that meets the Organizer Criteria.
Middle & High School Ages:
- Event must be intentionally designed for ministry leaders to bring a contingent of youth and cleared adults to, OR for a parish ministry leader to be the central contact point for sending individuals to an event in another described Safe Environment manner, OR for events that parents and youth are to attend together. No events that is promoted directly to minors to attend on their own will be posted on the community calendar.
- Event must not be for BOTH youth minors AND young adults unless it is intentionally designed as a multi-generational family event.
- Event be organized by an approved organizing submitter.
- Events will be posted on Tuesdays the week AFTER being submitted.
- If your event needs to be posted sooner than that please contact Julia Quezada at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Calendar Disclaimer: This is a user-generated community calendar offered for the convenience of ministry leaders, young people and their families within the Diocese of Dallas. Please confirm the accuracy of each event with the organizer. Community Calendar postings by organizers other than the Office of Youth, Young Adult, and Campus Ministries (OYYACM) does not imply the endorsement by the Diocese of Dallas OYYACM or knowledge of the activities of the organizer or event location. Ministry leaders coordinating events should follow any Risk Management, Safe Environment, and other related policies for off-site travel.